The Imagine Project’s mission is to ensure that all young people (K-12) are provided an opportunity to heal from stress and trauma through an expressive writing activity that uses the word “Imagine…” to begin every sentence. When kids are able to talk about their feelings, process challenging experiences, and Imagine a new story in their lives, they find hope and can move forward in learning and life. The Imagine Project is an interactive, 7-step expressive writing tool that can be used by teachers, parents at home, counselors and youth leaders in any organization that serves kids. Stress and trauma are prevalent in our society, children and teens need tools for support. Our journals are free to anyone who has internet access at www.theimagineproject.org. The project is currently being used in all 50 states and 11 countries. Our mission is to give kids a voice to bring positive change into their lives, and those of future generations.
The Imagine Project can:
- Bring mental health and social emotional growth.
- Decrease suicides.
- Lessen school shootings.
- Create self-awareness and internal understanding.
- Teach and instill compassion, kindness, and camaraderie in classrooms and groups.
Our Goals are to Make Sure:
- Every child has access to The Imagine Project writing process.
- Every parent, teacher, counselor, school, and youth organization knows The Imagine Project exists and how it benefits kids and teens.
- Show validated research outlining the positive effects of The Imagine Project on all ages.
- The Imagine Project is sustainable long-term.
Imagine…being a child or teen, and experiencing intense challenges, heart-wrenching difficulties, or trauma.
Imagine…creating and believing stories about yourself, where you don’t matter, or you won’t succeed, or you cannot survive.
Imagine… fighting the demons that these stories bring to your heart.
Imagine…rewriting your story, where you envision a strong, worthy, able self, and a brighter future.
Imagine…realizing that when you allow yourself to imagine, you can create a path to do and be anything you truly want!
Using the Imagine format, kids realize that they have the power to write their own story.