Giving kids a voice for positive change in their lives,
and those of future generations.
The Imagine Project is a 501c3 organization that offers a free and simple 7-step “Imagine…” journaling process. Imagine journaling provides a simple way for kids K-12 (and adults) to express and process their stress and/or trauma, as well as encouraging them to imagine a new story in their lives. Expressive writing guides individuals to heal difficult life experiences, find the positive meaning of that event; improving emotional regulation ability, mental flexibility, ability to handle stress and over mental and emotional health. We are a non-profit organization based out of Colorado that has successfully reached over 436,000 kids across the US and in 24 countries.
Our guiding principles are to reach millions of kids across the globe—making sure…
- Every child, parent, teacher, etc. has free access to The Imagine Project writing process
- Every child has the opportunity to tell their life story and imagine a new story in its place
- Every parent, teacher, counselor, school, and youth organization knows The Imagine Project exists and how it will benefit kids and teens
- The Imagine Project is validated by quality research
- The Imagine Project is sustainable long-term and becomes intrinsic in all organizations involving kids
The CDC statistics on children’s mental health:
- ADHD, anxiety problems, behavior problems, and depression are the most commonly diagnosed mental disorders in children. Estimates for ever having a diagnosis among children aged 3-17 years:
The Imagine Project can…
- Improve mental health and social emotional growth,
- Lesson bullying,
- Decrease suicides,
- Lessen school shootings,
- Create self-awareness and internal understanding,
- Teach and instill compassion, kindness, empathy, and camaraderie in classrooms and groups.
Using the Imagine format, kids realize that they have the power to write their own life story.
Follow us on Facebook!