Giving kids a voice for positive change in their lives,
and those of future generations.
The Imagine Project is a 501c3 organization that offers a free and simple 7-step “Imagine…” journaling process. Imagine journaling provides a simple way for kids K-12 (and adults) to express and process their stress and/or trauma, as well as encouraging them to imagine a new story in their lives. We are a non-profit organization based out of Colorado that has successfully reached over 427,000 kids across the US and in 35 countries.
Our guiding principles are to reach millions of kids across the globe—making sure…
- Every child, parent, teacher, etc. has free access to The Imagine Project writing process
- Every child has the opportunity to tell their life story and imagine a new story in its place
- Every parent, teacher, counselor, school, and youth organization knows The Imagine Project exists and how it will benefit kids and teens
- The Imagine Project is validated by quality research
- The Imagine Project is sustainable long-term and becomes intrinsic in all organizations involving kids
Kids have more stress and trauma in their lives than ever before. It’s enlightening, and sometimes shocking, to hear the stories they share—all ages—from all walks of life—it’s beyond what most can comprehend. We can no longer look the other way, or not look at all. We need to provide our kids support so they can learn to successfully navigate life. The beautiful thing is–kids are resilient!
One example of a child’s stress was “Imagine…being friends with a girl one moment and being bullied the next. Now, imagine that child having the tools to deal with her stress!
The Imagine Project can…
- Bring mental health and social emotional growth,
- Lesson bullying,
- Decrease suicides,
- Lessen school shootings,
- Create self-awareness and internal understanding,
- Teach and instill compassion, kindness, and camaraderie in classrooms and groups.
Using the Imagine format, kids realize that they have the power to write their own life story.
Follow us on Facebook!